[apparmor] Updated plans for AppArmor support [Was: Enhancements/enabled hardening flags in Wheezy pkgs/release.]

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Mon Jan 6 18:29:57 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 08:21 PM, intrigeri wrote:

> Next step: I plan to create a apparmor-profiles-extra package with
> most of the profiles that Ubuntu spreads over individual packages;
> keeping it all in one place, maintained by those who are interested.

First off, thanks for your work on this!

I think I'd recommend that the apparmor-profiles-extra package be a separate
source package in Debian. Ubuntu can then blacklist importing it to avoid
various problems. I'd prefer not to have the package be part of apparmor
otherwise Ubuntu would have a permanent delta and while we've tended to have a
delta because we move very quickly, there is no reason why we can't get in sync
down the line. Alternatively, we could possibly employ packaging hacks so that
apparmor-profiles-extra is available in Debian but not in Ubuntu.