[apparmor] [opensuse-project] Google Summer of Code'13 accepted student

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Fri May 31 20:43:09 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am Freitag, 31. Mai 2013 schrieb Kshitij Gupta:
> I just thought some people might get annoyed by the unnecessary mails
> piling up in their inbox. We actually had that problem on the GSoC
> students mailing list lately, but I'll take your word for it.

See Seth's reply - with some filtering, handling large amounts of mails
isn't a problem. Just to give you some numbers - some years ago, the
german opensuse mailinglist had up to 200 mails per day (!) ;-)

> @John, @Seth and @Christian thanks for those ideas about features
> (keep them coming :-) ), I'll get back to you about the details on
> those ideas in a day or two. Meanwhile, I propose we have a feature
> request list type of thing? I'm not sure but would the Blueprint
> section of Launchpad be appropriate for it (or any other place that
> everyone can view and edit)?

Blueprint or wiki.apparmor.net - whatever you prefer ;-)
(I'm not sure if Blueprint fits "everyone can [...] edit" - Seth/John?)

> Meanwhile, I have been thinking of doing the bottom-up style
> development starting from the core libraries moving upwards to the
> tools. So, I'll have a basic version of a module out of those for you
> guys to review by tomorrow (hopefully).

Sounds very promising :-)

> I'd love some input in that
> direction. Anything about organisation of libraries etc.

I'm quite sure you learned those things at university, so you'll be able
to come up with a good code layout. In other words: "whatever makes
sense" ;-)  We'll of course provide feedback as early as possible.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
> Und nun rate mal, warum ausgerechnet v.a. Vielschreiber mutt
> verwenden. Sicher nicht, weil KMail besser waere.
Weil eine Handvoll muttschisten die alle dazu gezwungen hat? ;)
[> David Haller und Manfred Misch in suse-linux]