[ubuntu-art] [polish] FreshWaves Splash Screen

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 2 21:06:53 BST 2006

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> That's nice Viper, but it's completely different to the directions
> I've given Frank and the art team to focus on for the Edgy release.
>
> Please everybody, let's focus this list ONLY on the pieces we are
> creating for the default theme of the Edgy release. If you want to
> help, please read the page Frank wrote which documents the decisions
> we've taken and the direction we are moving in, and contribute ideas
> that are STRICTLY within those guidelines. This is your opportunity to
> make Edgy rock, and to have your art in the release.
>
> If you have totally different ideas please DO NOT post them to this
> list between now and the release candidate, because they will just be
> noise.
>
> This is why I asked that there be additional mailing lists set up for
> new proposals and alternative themes, but since nobody has done that
> we need to keep this list clear of distractions.
>
> Thank you,
> Mark
Excuse me Mark, but the splash screen DOES follow the directions somewhat:

- It has a gradient in the top-left corner
- Burnt Edges
- Also Gloss
- Also, the wallpaper this is based off followed the guidelines nicely
as well.

But, it doesn't have the correct gradient colors...guess I'll have to
fix that up!

Viper550