[xubuntu-users] How to shut down xubuntu 24.04

Victor Forberger vforberger at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 30 13:20:00 UTC 2024

On 4/30/24 07:27, Chris Green wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 12:34:49PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
>> I run several systems with xubuntu on them, I have one xubuntu 24.04
>
> Oops!  I meant I have one xubuntu 22.04
>
>> and two xubuntu 23.10, so I'm fairly familiar with the interface.
>>
>> I am going to install xubuntu 24.04 on a new system and I have booted
>> from a USB stick with 24.04 ISO on it, that works fine, but I need to
>> stop and start again to explore the disk layout options etc. and to
>> decide whether to keep an MS Windows partition.
>>
>> I can't see how to shut down 24.04, there's no 'switch' button in the
>> apps menu (that I can see) and nor is there anything on the panel.
>> Clicking on the background brings up a selection of things to do but
>> again no shutdown.
>>
>> So how do I turn this thing off short of pulling the plug!
>>
>> --
>> Chris Green

The release notes for 24.04 indicate a shutdown problem on new installs.

https://wiki.xubuntu.org/releases/24.04/release-notes

Or, are you talking about menu options with a live install? If a live
install, it is generally safe to hard rest a computer (usually, hold the
power for 10+ seconds).

-Victor
Victor Forberger
vforberger at fastmail.fm