[xubuntu-users] Bootloader problems (windows 8.1 along with xubuntu)

Vlad Kabysh kabyshvladimir at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:15:04 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have xubuntu and windows 8.1 installed on my computer.
About 2-3 months ago I experienced a problem that my GRUB disappeared and
my system was booting directly to windows 8.1. With the help of boot repair
I successfully solved that problem.

Few days ago, I experienced slightly a different problem.
When I powered on my computer, it went directly to BIOS because there were
no any detected boot options. I enabled realtek pxe oprom and this make my
system to boot directly to windows. I took my Live USB with Boot-Repair (
in fact, on which I expected to find Boot-Repair-Disk, but it had xubuntu)
and I booted it from BIOS. When I rebooted my system again, I found out
that I am no longer to boot in any system.

I prepared a Live USB with boot-repair-disk and then I managed to solve the
problem (http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MSVGZ26vpv/), but next morning again the
same problem occurred! I tried boot-repair once again but it did not work (
http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gxzvp4g2PS/ ;
http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8dTVMqd2hJ/ ).

Could you help me please?
And maybe could you direct me to a source where I can find learn why such
things happens, some examples and how they can be solved?

I am eager to know why these happens.
Thank you for your atention!

Best regards,
Vova