[xubuntu-users] Importing ovpn settings

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:53:16 UTC 2020

I'm unable to properly import an ovpn file in Xubuntu, it appears to
import, but only the title seems to apply to the Network Manager import,
and the Next button is greyed out.

I installed the network-manager-openvpn (going from memory because I'm
currently on a work machine that's running Mint Cinnamon) package, but it
didn't seem to help either. It shows at the bottom of Network Manager, but
the same result when I try importing an *.ovpn file.

If I install the Cinnamon Desktop package on Xubuntu and use the cinnamon
network manager it correctly imports the *.ovpn file and I'm able to use
open vpn.

Have I missed another necessary package?

Thanks

Charles
http://chaslinux.itch.io/fasteroids