[xubuntu-users] How to get Ubuntu "Network" settings in xubuntu?

Steve Fowell stevefowell at talktalk.net
Fri Jan 24 16:31:32 UTC 2020

Hi Chris

I have also recently set up a wifi hotspot in Xubuntu 19.10 (although I am only using it for file transfer, not connecting through to the internet). In the General settings for the Connection, if you have "connect automatically with priority xx" checked then it will start automatically when you boot. If not, then you have to select "Connect to Hidden WiFi Network" and start it from there. To switch off, just disconnect. Incidentally, in the IPv4 Settings for the Connection you choose "Shared to other computers". I also found that, in the Wi-Fi settings, choosing 2.4GHz band rather than Automatic speeded up the connection. I also selected a specific Channel (you need to select 1, 6 or 11 with 2.4GHz) and WPA2 Security.

Cheers
Steve