[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 18.04 and Wifi

Klaipedaville on Google klaipedaville at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 04:38:10 UTC 2018

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I really do appreciate. I will take a look.

In fact, it's a known bug that was discovered in 17.04 if I am not mistaken. I think it was "carried over" to 18.04 without being fixed...  They speak about it here https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2372573

The solution was to do this:

echo -e "\n[device]\nwifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no" | sudo tee -a /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
sudo sed -i "s/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/g" /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

However, this solution does not help it any more in 18.04. Any more comments / ideas? Thank you!

Regards,
Dennis