[xubuntu-users] Freshly installed 18.04 with 16.04 drive mounted as /home has wrong main menu

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:37:57 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 10:44 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just took the plunge and installed Xubuntu 18.04.1 on my home desktop.
>
> I installed a brand new SSD for the boot drive, and after a couple of
> issues with the DVD, I installed Xubuntu 18.04.1 and brought it up.
>
> Then I remounted my old /home drive on /home and things went kind of screwy.
>
> I managed to get past some of the strange things, but this one has me
> baffled - the mouse button brings up the old menus I had on 16.04, not
> the new 18.04 menu I got before I switched /home mounts.

Update:  I realized last night that this is actually the menu layout
from 12.04 (IIRC).

It must be somewhere in the config files, but I saved mine and
overwrote them with the defaults, and the menu is still in the 12.04
format - list of first level options, no split panel.

As much as I didn't like that format when was experimenting with Mint
18, it has grown on me and it works, unlike the 12.04 apps which are
obsolete and fail.

Thanks again.

MR