[xubuntu-users] Light locker issue on fresh install

Sharad Mittal sharadmittals at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:45:18 UTC 2018

Hello,
I'm new to Xubuntu. Installed it on 2 laptops. I must say I'm impressed
with the lightness of the OS on an old Acer S3 with 4GB.

Both installs had problems with locking the session - screen went blank. I
went to TTY1 (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and back to X to get the display back - where it
said on a black screen something like - "Session is locked. Wait few
seconds". And then I would get the regular password screen.

Installing gnome-screensaver (which required no dependencies) and
unchecking light locker from startup applications works like a charm.

Are Xubuntu folks aware of this? Didn't find it much in my google searches.