[xubuntu-users] Weird behaviour of light-locker

Sharad Mittal sharadmittals at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:33:41 UTC 2018

I had experienced the same issue with Xubuntu 18.10. Here are the 2
solutions that worked for me:

   1. Installing gnome-screensaver (which required no dependencies) and
   unchecking light locker from startup applications.
   2. Installed Xubuntu 18.04 which did not have this issue.

This is the reply I got:

On 10/31/18 1:45 PM, Sharad Mittal wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to Xubuntu. Installed it on 2 laptops. I must say I'm impressed
> with the lightness of the OS on an old Acer S3 with 4GB.
>
> Both installs had problems with locking the session - screen went blank.
> I went to TTY1 (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and back to X to get the display back -
> where it said on a black screen something like - "Session is locked.
> Wait few seconds". And then I would get the regular password screen.
>
> Installing gnome-screensaver (which required no dependencies) and
> unchecking light locker from startup applications works like a charm.
>
> Are Xubuntu folks aware of this? Didn't find it much in my google
searches.

testing is underway for an xfce-specific screensaver:

https://bluesabre.org/2018/10/15/xfce-screensaver-0-1-0-released/

The problem you describe, however, is probably related to
power-management. Make sure your have either power manager or
light-locker in control of separate functions -- that is, that the two
don't overlap with each other in trying to control the same thing.

- Victor