[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu on the Raspberry Pi 2/3/3B+

Adam Smith blondesaluki at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:08:18 UTC 2018

Hi

I've been working on some installers for Xubuntu 18.04 for the
Raspberry Pi.  Would this be of interest to anybody on the list?

I've made armhf and arm64 versions.  I posted an early armhf version
on this raspberry pi thread
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=209763 .  I
posted it for people to test, but so far nobody has!

I've since spotted a couple of things that need correcting (nothing
big just a spelling mistake on the cmdline.txt), and I've changed how
I do a few things.  I'm waiting to see if I get a response to a couple
of bug reports before I post the final versions.

I think it's the first time a fully automated ubiquity has been used
on the pi.  The arm64 version is currently unique in *ubuntu.

For those who don't like the idea of downloading something from a
complete stranger (quite right too), I've updated the Ubuntu raspberry
pi wiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RaspberryPi - so you can install
xubuntu 18.04 via official installation media.  Let me know if
something is wrong/needs changing with that, but of course it would be
better if you could make the updates yourself!

Cheers

Adam