[xubuntu-users] Media Players Don't Display Video

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 16:37:27 UTC 2018

I get no video with Parole and VLC. In fact, Parole now crashes when invoked.
I do get sound with VLC. So, it would seem the problem is "outside" of these
two media players.

I have removed and re-installed both applications and the problem persists.

apt-get dist-upgrade does not solve the problem.

Curiously, GNOME Mplayer and mpv Media Player do display video (and play
sound). But, I prefer Parole because it has better functionality. The GNOME
Mplayer can not be resized while mpv Media Player doesn't have a viewable
playlist.

I'd like to make Parole work.

--
Roger