[xubuntu-users] how to upgrade

Spass malysps at linux.pl
Sat Aug 25 05:04:15 UTC 2018

18.04 works great for me too, on three machines. I don't understand all
the hate for Xubuntu 18.04 on this mail list recently.

Thiago, you shouldn't loose any files and your configuration should stay
the same, but remember to backup your important data before upgrading.
That's always a good idea.

Also, what I personally do is changing my video driver to Nouveau, and
changing it back to proprietary NVIDIA after the upgrade, but it's a
hardware specific thing. The upgrade process will automatically disable
all your PPAs and other repositories you've added, so be sure to enable
them manually again and change entries from "xenial" to "bionic". All
that you can pretty easily do in the software-properties-gtk (Software &
Updates) application.

Spass