[xubuntu-users] 18.04 issue-bug?

Art ky1k at myfairpoint.net
Sun Aug 12 07:27:10 UTC 2018

I have been running 18.04 for awhile now and there haven't been any
issues with it.

Note that I HAVE NOT installed the very latest 'upgrade', which will
force me to use full disk encryption.

I changed the ssd at the same time I installed 18.04, because the 16.04
Xubuntu was beginning to show signs that might have indicated the old
ssd was going away.

But, just lately, my programs just stop running intermittently,
appearing to freeze up for 5 or 6 seconds at a time. There is no disk
activity and no errors indicated on the screen. I have been running the
system monitor, and it doesn't show heavy cpu load and the there is no
swap file usage.

I'm very seriously thinking about going back to 16.04, but wanted to
test 18.04. The problem is I have a new ssd and a new OS, so I'm not
quite sure which might be the issue.

Has anyone else experienced any similar issues, especially in 18.04?

TIA

Art