[xubuntu-users] 18.04.1 Point Release Testing

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Aug 3 19:20:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 20:51:58 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>Don't get me wrong, I dropped Xfce a long time ago. I dislike it. Since
>I've got the skills and the time to set up what I need, to follow
>upstream of a WM, the desired panels etc., instead of the need to stay
>with a LTS only, I could get in contact with developers, of those apps,
>that are very important to me.

That I dislike Xfce as an environment, doesn't mean that for my
self-made environment some parts of Xfce aren't useful. We have got a
choice, we could install Ubuntu from the server image and install
whatever WM we like, install what ever we like from Xfce and replace
what ever we dislike by something else, let alone that my daily used
distro Arch Linux supports this strategy much better, than a minimal
Ubuntu install does. I don't know what is the best approach regarding
your needs, skills and available time, but there are without
doubts options to customize your environment to your needs.