[xubuntu-users] Linux substitute for Dreamweaver

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sat Apr 21 21:22:21 UTC 2018

On 21/04/18 20:21, Jim wrote:
[...]
> Or maybe use a VM to run windows and Dreamweaver. That's how I use
> TurboTax to do my taxes.

Or cough up the $50 for Codeweavers WINE ("CrossOver"). I think
Dreamweaver installs in that. I have used CrossOver for the occasional
random piece of Windows software I need to keep for older clients.

Walt, you might want to do your friend a favor and find a way to explain
that Dreamweaver is not regarded by designers as a good way to do a web
site these days, although Adobe keep milking their users. It's a
convenience, that's all.

Plus you can get a licence for DW in the cloud now, I believe, so there
shouldn't be a need to "install" it anywhere.

There are no direct equivalents for DW in Linux, as far as I know.

///Peter