[xubuntu-users] A Bionic Experience

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 05:36:15 UTC 2018

On 07/04/18 00:11, Peter Flynn wrote:
> On 06/04/18 08:55, Chris Green wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 08:14:55PM +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Most distributions explicitly ask you after the "Restart Now" button,
>>> something like "Please remove the installation media and press Enter" or
>>> something similar. I thought Xubuntu was among them...maybe not 18
>> No, I've seen this 'problem' as well when installing Xubuntu, I've
>> never seen a "remove the installation medium" message and have to
>> guess when to take it out.  Often I get back to the installation
>> screen and have to remove the USB stick and reboot.
> Mint certainly has it because I installed a copy the other day and there
> it was right at the end before the reboot. I was pretty certain Xubuntu
> had it, but I may just be wrong; and I think I've seen it in
> RedHat-based systems too. It certainly makes sense: I can't imagine why
> it wouldn't be there.

We have it.

I've seen it, and I do boot our iso's really regularly - though it can
take a long time to appear.

That said I just rebuilt our iso's following an update to fontconfig
(which was causing long boot time on live-session and for the 1st login
post-install) and the remove media message turned up in a normal(ish) time.

Kev