[xubuntu-users] modifying/editing "All Settings" menu?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 9 16:55:30 UTC 2017

On Thu 2017-03-09 (12:32), Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> If I launch
>
>   $ xfdesktop

Good hint!
The application menu is controlled by xfdesktop and not by xfwm4!
So I just have to replace xfdesktop with an alternative program and can
keep xfwm4!

I just need the application menu feature (right click on desktop
background) from xfdesktop. What others program could I use instead?

> What is the content of the link "menus -> ../../../.config/menus​"?
> I've got .config/menus/, too, but no link in .local/share/applications/ .

It is just a symlink to this directory. I have added it for easily
switching between these related diretories.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20170309123259.3bec0da0 at utnubu>