[xubuntu-users] Noticeable drop in performance of Xenial

Apurv Jyotirmay apurvj199512 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:34:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've got a Xubuntu 16.04 LTS installation as my primary system, but the
system has started to lag a lot. Earlier everything would go smoothly, but
now lightDM would take about a 40 seconds to show after booting up, then
Firefox would start to lag over time and it doesn't matter if I restart
Firefox 54, the sluggishness isn't solved. Google Chrome takes around 2
minutes to launch and be usable, every single time I would run it. And then
the performance issue gradually increases forcing me to restart the system
to get smoother performance.

I've got 6GB of RAM, but the usage never goes above 2GB. The following is
my system configuration: http://imgur.com/a/XRdhd