[xubuntu-users] Weather panel app "end of life"?

David Wright daveubuntu71 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:04:19 UTC 2017

n 05/18/2017 08:58 AM, Victor Forberger wrote:
> On 05/17/2017 03:40 PM, Marc Coevoet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I see that the weather forecast by my weather panel app is no longer
>> supported, ie it only shows forecasts until tomorrow morning.
>>
>> What is wrong?  It would be an idea f we could fill in another server,
>> closer to our house, so that we don't rely on ?Norway?
>>

>> Marc
>
> The weather report plugin on 16.04.2 is not working for me as well. On
> 17.04, the weather report plugin is working fine.
>
> - Victor

Some additional clarification: the weather panel on 16.04.2 is at
version 0.8.6. 17.04 has the latest: 0.8.9.

The release notes at
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin
indicate that the version in 16.04 is using an outdated web service.

Hi all, anyone have an update on this issue.  Is there a way to update the
weather panel app?

Thanks
Dave