[xubuntu-users] How to get the right information about a "crash"

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Jul 24 18:03:41 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-24 at 19:24 +0200, Willem Hobers wrote:
> As you suggested I tried to google :
>
> /var/log/Xorg.1.log:[  1478.948] (EE) /dev/dri/card0: failed to set
> DRM interface version 1.4: Permission denied
>
> but did not find something that I seemed useful to me (partly because
> I did not quite understand everything that was reported in those
> reports).

Hi,

what graphics are you using?

It might be this issue:

https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/652

And perhaps this workaround helps:

https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/580#issuecomment-6
8306494

Note, I didn't read everything I found and even not everything from the
above links, but I e.g. read something about kernels older than your
4.8.0-58-generic, so your kernel seems not to be the culprit. You need
to care about what graphics, kernel and other related software versions
were used, by those who reported workarounds.

Regards,
Ralf