[xubuntu-users] screen is black after laptop lid close/open

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Jan 22 17:44:03 UTC 2017

On Sun 2017-01-22 (10:56), Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On a Thinkpad T61 with Xubuntu 16.04 the screen is black after I close and
> reopen the lid. There is no screen locking program active.
> In "Power Manager" I have "Laptop lid: Switch off display".

I found a workaround:

Closing+opening the lid THREE TIMES brings the display back.
WTF?!

Can I emulate opening/closing via software?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20170122095646.GC20040 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>