[xubuntu-users] Receiving error message on updates

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Jan 15 20:15:49 UTC 2017

On 01/15/2017 04:41 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I have been receiving this error message for about 2 weeks. It says:
> The following packages requested additional data downloads after package
> installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be
> processed.     ttf-mscorefonts-installer

This has been going on for a while. Someone changed something on the
package so that it tried to download .exe files (which are actually
self-extracting zip files, but apt can't know this).

Just remove and purge the package. I don't know if it's any use, but
those fonts are available from other sources.

///Peter