[xubuntu-users] window blanking and won't come back to life

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:53:21 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Ulli Horlacher <
framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Thu 2017-01-05 (09:28), Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>
> > The problem is that when the driver blanks the screens, I cannot get back
> > into the system.  Most of the things you'd expect to bring it back with
> the
> > keyboard or mouse do nothing visible at all.
>
> Try:
> Ctrl-Alt-F1

Gets me to a command console.  But it doesn't help much because

> Ctrl-Alt-F7

just takes me back to the black screen.

I've got it stopped by not letting the screens go blank. using power
preferences.

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */