[xubuntu-users] booting decreased speed in xubuntu 16.04

Vincenzo de Angelis vi.deangelis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:24:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I have recently upgraded my xubuntu 14.04 to 16.04. Everything seems to
work well but it takes a lot of time to move from starting to log-in screen
 and for almost one minute the rolling ring is working on the screen; then
goes to the log-in screen and, from here, everything is as previously. With
the previous 14.04 version the booting to the login was very fast. The
computer is an acer aspire one D250 with an Intel Atom N270 processor (1.6
GHz) and 2 GB RAM. I tried to modify the settings of the grub (through grub
customizer)  but I had no result. Any suggestion to speed up the first part
of the booting ? Thank you very much

Vincenzo de Angelis