[xubuntu-users] glitch installing Xubuntu 14.04.4

Teresa Binstock tcbinstock at q.com
Sun Jul 10 14:15:59 UTC 2016

A verified PAU05 purchaser (Amazon) said he had success installing Xubu
with the PAU05, and a Panda-help tech (after my lament) installed Xubu
14,04.4 on an in-house computer using the PAU05 and was successful.
Installing 14.04.4 on my dv7t seems to reset "1: brcmwl-0: Wireless LAN"
to "Hard blocked: yes", and that setting was resistant to change on my
computer.
{http://www.samundra.com.np/unblock-disabled-wireless-card-in-ubuntu/1125}

Mt dv7t has no finger accessible Wifi swith, and the dv7t continued to
use the PAU05 while running W7. From dv7t:

tcb at dv7C:~$ rfkill list all
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
     Soft blocked: no
     Hard blocked: no