[xubuntu-users] [xubuntu users] dropbox icon disappeared in panel

kiyotaka at nemotos.net kiyotaka at nemotos.net
Sun Feb 28 07:26:12 UTC 2016

Hi Vincenzo,

I had the exact same situation as you.
You may have already found the workarounds, but the below is what you can
try.

$ dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start

This brought the dropbox icon back to me.

You can see that many have the same issue with you.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205739106-Stable-Build-3-14-7

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka

> This morning after an update of my xubuntu 14-04 (on acer aspire one
d250) the icon of dropbox in tray disappeared and in place a sort of “no
access” icon is now present; it is clearly related to dropbox because doing
a dropbox stop (in terminal) it disappears and doing a dropbox start it
comes back again.

> Is this related to the upgrade from 3.12 to 3.14 version of dropbox ? How
can I have back the original dropbox icon ? Thank you very much