[xubuntu-users] Thunar NOT going away - SOLVED

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:09:22 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Mark Ballard
<markjballard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I saw that comment. It seemed odd, and not credible. So much so that the
> only way to address it without amplifying it into a scurrilous rumour would
> be to address it directly with the person who made it. If they were talking
> nonsense but that led to a whole thread of people talking elsewhere about
> Thunar being canned then what you have is FUD. By seperating it from its
> shaky source and amplifying it into a general, open question, you turn it
> into FUD. It could do considerable and unecessary harm.
>
> So sorry if I appear rude. But best be firm with rumours at source and stamp
> the cancerous stuff out before it spreads.
>
> The question of xfce and xubuntu's future more widely is one that is
> becoming more pressing since Gnome introduced plugins. But that's another
> matter. (Or perhaps it's not?! Mwuah ha ha haah!!!)... and one I have been
> meaning to ask about. So I'm glad you brought it up in a roundabout sort of
> way.
>
> mb.

I appreciate that, thank you.

Thunar works great for my needs, and it looks a lot nicer than the
alternatives I've seen.

Now if I could only find out why my USB drives don't register unless
Thunar is running...  >;^>

Never mind - that's another thread I haven't pursued yet.

MR