[xubuntu-users] USB camera being intercepted?

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Nov 27 20:19:37 UTC 2015

On 27/11/15 08:08, Petter Adsen wrote:

> Have you tried Shotwell? It might work better within the gvfs framework.

Apart from wanting to take over management of all my images (yuck) it
did at least give a very slightly more informative error message when I
plugged in the camera:

> Unable to fetch preview from the camera:
> Could not claim the USB device (-53)

Still not a whole lot of good, as it doesn't say what was preventing it
from claiming the device.

Which seems to support my contention that something else, somewhere, is
sticking its big flat foot in the way and usurping the device for
itself, and not letting any other application have it, or even saying
what it wants it for.  Very weird behaviour.

///Peter