[xubuntu-users] which printer/scanner for linux/linux Mint

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Nov 8 08:46:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 00:22:05 +0100
Teach <pbrteach at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried different linux OS and now running Xubuntu and Linux
> Mint.
>
> It is not possible to use the scanner of my Epson XP 215-217 series
> not with a USB connection nor with a Wifi connection.
>
> there is no simple unic driver to install.

AFAICT, you should be able to use this with the IScan software for
Linux from Epson, but it doesn't show up on their driver page. Let me
know if you can't find it elsewhere, as I have a copy for my own Epson
printer/scanner. You need the network driver included with IScan if you
intend to use it over wifi.

It should also be supported by the SANE driver 'epson2', you can see
the man page 'sane-epson2' for details, so you should be able to use it
with XSane.

The following page should be a good place to start:

http://sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=epson&model=xp-215&bus=any&v=&p=

> Which printer/scanner is compatible with Linux and will be installed
> and configured  automatically or semi-automatically

As long as the right packages are installed, your scanner should work.
Try installing XSane and see if you are able to scan over USB.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"