[xubuntu-users] Looking for participants for a study on Xubuntu (EU-based, paid up to £100/€135), second call for participants

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidi at xfce.org
Sun Nov 1 20:30:52 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

*(this is a copy of an email sent on 19/10/2015, feel free to skip it if
you've already read it)*

Some of you may know me as 'sidi', I'm a former Xubuntu developer currently
doing PhD research at University College London, in the UK. I'm conducting
a field study on how Linux users multitask, and I'm currently looking for
about 15 Xubuntu users. I'd like to invite you to participate to my study.

The study involves installing a PPA that ships modified versions of the
GLib, GTK, Thunar and Xfwm, a library that logs system calls, along with a
few tools for you to visualise the collected data, suspend data collection
and upload your data to UCL. I'm looking to collect data for three weeks,
and to interview you at the for one hour after the data collection. You can
earn up to £50 (~€67). You will also be proposed to enroll in a second part
where you can earn an extra £50 (~€67) in exchange for installing a new
piece of software that helps you run your applications with different
options.

If you're interested, you can learn more at
https://study.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multitasking/web/hello and sign up at
https://study.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multitasking/web/register. This study has been
approved by the UCL Research Ethics Committee (Project ID Number:
6079/001). Feel free to email me any questions you have at
sidnioulz at gmail.com!

Cheers,
--
Steve Dodier-Lazaro