[xubuntu-users] Am I the only one who still uses floppies?

Alejandro Lieber alejandro at lieber.com.ar
Tue Jul 28 20:52:10 UTC 2015

JMZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Silly question: am I the only one who still uses floppies (ie. 1.44 MB
> HD 3.5"/90mm)?

I still use a 20 Mhz 80286 with 1MBy of memory. No hard drive, only a
1.44 floppy. It runs IBM PC-dos. The display is an amber hercules 9"
monitor.

In one floppy I have the OS, the packet drivers, DC file manager,
Telnet, SSH and more than 500KBy free.

I regularly use it as a terminal to run BSD in SDF.ORG server where I
run elinks, links, lynxs, mutt, alpine, slrn and tin.

In the rest of my computers I run Xubuntu 14.04

Alejandro Lieber
Rosario  Argentina