[xubuntu-users] Reading monitor EDID data from file?

Knute Johnson ubun2 at knutejohnson.com
Tue Dec 15 17:07:14 UTC 2015

I've got a computer running Xubuntu 15.04 that I need to start without a
monitor connected but I want it to think it is 1920x1080 so that when
the monitor is connected it will be 1920x1080 and so I can see it in its
full size with x11vnc.  The raspberry pi has a feature where it reads
the EDID data from a file during start.  It also has a feature to set
the framebuffer dimensions, both options will allow you to set the size
of the monitor without a monitor being attached.

Is there any way to do this on Xubuntu?

I have tried creating a xorg.conf file but it appears to not read them
at all.

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson