[xubuntu-users] Installing Nemo and Removing Thunar

Ince, Wilbur wilbur at wilbur.us
Tue Sep 23 18:07:59 UTC 2014

Anyone been down this road and installed Nemo and removed Thunar
completely?  Any lasting issues with that approach?

I've been using Nemo on my Xubuntu installs for some time now.  I started
with Ubuntu and Unity, then used Ubuntu/Cinnamon for a while before active
support for it got dropped.  When I switched to Xubuntu, I brought Nemo
with and much prefer it.

It seems that some applications get hard coded for the 'default' file
browser.  If you remove it completely, does that cause problems?

Thanks!

Wylbur