[xubuntu-users] VLC leaves black areas when dialogues are closed

Tudza White tudza at tudza.com
Wed Sep 17 22:55:42 UTC 2014

I did a fresh install of 14.04 to replace my 12.04 version of Xubuntu.  I
did not see this issue running VLC under 12.04.

I right-click to open a dialogue in VLC. The dialogue closes but a black
area remains. This also happens for the play controls at the bottom of the
screen.  Sometimes switching to Fullscreen brings up a black screen with no
video at all.

I tried a suggestion I found elsewhere which said to switch the video
option from Automatic to X11.  This takes care of the problem, but the
video does not render anywhere near as well as it did under Automatic.

I wanted to see if there was anything else I should try before switching
the machine back to 12.04

--
兔子