[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] [14.04 64Bit]-Terminal Command To Permanently Disable Power Management?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:05:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-27 at 12:42 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:
> I've tried everything, but my screen keeps turning off after a set
> period of time.
> Is there some terminal command to permanently disable power management?
> (Power management seems to be completely broken in Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S.
> 64Bit)

To /etc/X11/xorg.conf add

        Section "ServerFlags"
            Option "BlankTime" "0"
            Option "StandbyTime" "0"
            Option "SuspendTime" "0"
            Option "OffTime" "0"
        EndSection

Then killall xfce4-power-manager or if you need it don't kill it, but
run
        xfce4-power-manager-settings
and select the "Display" tab and set everything to "never" instead of
time values. For me disabling by the power-manager never worked without
the xorg.conf entries.