[xubuntu-users] [14.04 64Bit]-System Crashed Under Stress-Have Problems Now?

Sun Oct 26 20:42:56 UTC 2014

[14.04 64Bit]-System Crashed Under Stress-Have Problems Now?

Hi,

I think I pushed my little 1.2GHz thin client too hard
with Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit fully updated...

...Operating System crashed under heavy constant use.
Was able to shut down - but not cleanly.
When I rebooted the system, Pidgin IM would not work.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Pidgin IM but
I mistakenly installed Gnome Indicator Applet...Ugg!!!

I now have Gnome Indicator Applet and can't get rid of it.
Also my problem is both XChat and Skype don't show icons in Indicator
Applet???

Please help me fix my broken Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit...
**How can I delete Gnome Indicator Applet?
**How can I then get back XFCE Indicator Applet?
**Will XChat and Skype Indicator icons ever return?

Thanks...
Been using Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit on my mission-critical thin client
for about 1 month and feel terrified that I should format and install
Kubuntu again!

Sorry...

Jesse