[xubuntu-users] Is there a way to get a list of added packages so they can be re-installed after a clean installation (as opposed to upgrade)?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri May 9 02:45:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, 8 May 2014 12:41:18 +0100
Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> I'd really prefer to do a clean new installation occasionally rather
> than doing a distribution upgrade.

I hear you. As an Elder in the Church of the Known State, I shun ghosts
of installations past, and like to start with a clean install. Yeah, it
takes more work, but the few times I upgraded to a new version instead
of installing clean, a few weird things happened.

To me, a fresh install is like spring cleaning, only I usually do it
twice a year instead of once.

SteveT