[xubuntu-users] non-rebooting 14.04 blank screen problem...

Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 2 00:54:25 UTC 2014

My XUbuntu was booting erratically also.  I tracked the problem to a
cheap SATA splitter power cable I had sourced "from the internet". I
believe I had overloaded one of the leads from the power supply, too
much plugged in (3 hard drives + CD) plus a cruddy lead.  Cutting a lead
with 3 SATA power plugs off a dead PC case, removing a lead with three
standard power plugs from this machine and soldering the SATA lead in
its place.  Problem solved!!  Nice quick, clean boots every time.  No
more pauses or stalling.

Worth consideration?  Any hardware changes recently?

Rob