[xubuntu-users] Caps Lock Indicator?

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Mon Dec 15 04:36:52 UTC 2014

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, Rog wrote:

> On 12/14/2014 10:55 PM, George F. Nemeyer wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, Rog wrote:
> >
> >> My laptop has no cap-lock indicator LED. I've scoured the Net for an indicator
> >> app to no avail.
> > sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tsbarnes/indicator-keylock
> > sudo apt-get update
> > sudo apt-get install indicator-keylock

Left click on the indicator.  It should give you a menu to tell it which
key (caps-lock, num-lock, scroll-lock) to indcate, and a preferences
choice that the indicator only be visible when the lock condition
for the selected key exists.  To add more keys, just install it more than
once and configure accordingly.

If that's not what happens, I've no clue.  It works fine for me and has
for several Ubuntu releases.