[xubuntu-users] Recommendations For A Great Text Editor?

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 01:58:03 UTC 2014

I like jEdit for straight editing of text files. It's not a word processor but
a powerful tool for programmers. I prefer it for editing html files.
Highlighting of various phrase-types is useful, e.g., when editing CSS as well
as basic html elements and tags. Many useful extensions are available.

One especially useful tool is its search / replace tool. One can search and
replace in multiple files in a given path. Searching with regular expressions
(regex) is also implemented. I like the ability to turn on line numbering.

Very powerful and easy to install from the Ubuntu Software center.

/Roger