[xubuntu-users] GDU

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Tue Dec 2 10:10:29 UTC 2014

> You can get a Radeon HD 6450 shipped for under $50
>
> They're fanless, require no power connectors, and play nicely with Linux
> with both the open-source and proprietary drivers - at least as per
> Phoronix.
>
> Seems like a good option to test the waters with a low barrier to entry.
>
> Of course, if I knew what software you were using and what budget you
> have I could make a better suggestion.

<snip>

I do not need the GDU to run any software in Xubuntu, it is to run a
plug-in called Google-NIK on Photoshop on my Windows 7 installation. Now
if there is a way to be able to use the GDU on Windows without it
interfering with Xububtu 12.04.1 LTS. that would be ideal. Budget is not
a real problem but let's say up to £50.

I have tried to sort the problem out using Google but have ended up
being more confused then ever.

Norman