[xubuntu-users] Cant open Windows Disk form desktop (GUI only)

czezz czezz at o2.pl
Mon Aug 4 13:59:48 UTC 2014

Anyone ?
Dnia 21 lipca 2014 14:17 czezz <czezz at o2.pl> napisał(a):
Hello xubuntu users,
I have end-user problem and hope someone can help me out with it here.
My xubuntu version:
# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty
Whenever I click on the windows disk icon on the desktop, instead of File Manager, File Manager Preferences opens. (see screenshot in the following link)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgm5j9j6pfwrts6/FileManager.png
When I try to navigate in File Manager to location where disk is mounted (automatically /media/{username}/) I got error: Permission Denied.
And that is sooo wrong because in CLI I can easly navigate there/copy/past/delete etc.
I can also mount it manually and then it works good (though desktop icon is gone)
It looks like this disk icon on my desktop is not associate with File Manager itself but with its File Manager Preferences.
Any ideas how to change it/fix it* ?
*yes - I have tried right click on disk icon > Applications > Accessories > File Manager. This will open File Manager in my home dir and again if I try to navigate to mount point I will see Permission Denied.
Cheers,
czezz