[xubuntu-users] 14.04 update => network icon disappeared

Patrice ARNAL patricearnal at gmx.fr
Wed Apr 16 18:00:37 UTC 2014

Le 16/04/2014 19:03, Antoine Pitrou a écrit :
> On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:26:38 +0200
> Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> After I've applied the latest updates to my Xubuntu 14.04 install (which
>> is a fresh install from ~one month ago), the network icon (which I
>> assume is from NetworkManager) disappeared from the notification zone in
>> the panel.
> I've just updated the 14.04 install and this bug is still there.
> Doesn't anyone use Xubuntu with password-protected wifi passwords?
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.
I too have an Xubuntu 14.04 installed, from RC2 and updates.

I made latest updates just now and I have no problem with the WiFi
network connection which is password protected.
I just had to manually install linux kernel non-free drivers to have it
up and working.

Did you try to run the network manager from a terminal window, in order
to check if it is a systray issue or a network-manager issue?

Did you check syslog?

Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant
parce que Windows a été banni de cette machine.

In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates or Windows?