[xubuntu-users] thunderbird

Bill hb.cog.jil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 13:20:41 UTC 2013

On 09/28/2013 09:08 AM, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I spoke too soon, the red line has gone again. Yes Bill, enable
> spellcheck as you type is 'ticked' so what else should I check, please.

Are you using addons/extensions? It's been a while since I have had to
do it, but I recall at some time in the past having some glitch which I
resolved by disabling all addons/extensions (there was once a switch
which launched Thunderbird with addons disabled, but I'd have to
re-educate myself as to how to do it; in lieu of that they can be
manually disabled and Thunderbird restarted), and re-enabling them one
by one until I could reproduce the problem I was having. Other than
that, I haven't a clue what to do. I'm running an updated 13.04 system
without the problem you are having in Thunderbird. I'm quite sure that
someone on this list knows.

--
Regards,
Bill