[xubuntu-users] Problem with Ubuntu Tweak

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Oct 14 10:06:15 UTC 2013

If you want to remove 10 or 15 kernels, I would launch Synaptic and
check the kernels to purge remove by mouse-click and then rm -r unneeded
directories in /lib/modules/.

If you want to remove 3547 kernels, I would write a script,
e.g. sudo apt-mark hold <kernel you want to hold> and then purge remove
_all_ other kernels, how to do this with less effort is nothing I want
to think about now, but it's possible, followed by sudo apt-mark unhold
<kernel you want to hold> and keep in mind that a package management
usually doesn't remove directories in /lib/modules/, if they are not
part of the kernel package, so those dirs need to be removed by rm or a
module packages.