[xubuntu-users] Two questions

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 18:48:12 UTC 2013

I hope it's okay to post two questions in one post.  Sorry if this is
incorrect.

I'm a new user.  Just downloaded and installed Xubuntu for 32-bit
systems.  It installed flawlessly.

Two problems:

1.  I use Chromium as my browser.  I can't seem to get it to know it's
the default browser.  I have it set in the Preferred Applications.  With
other distros, when I've had this problem, I had to uninstall Firefox to
fix the problem.  I've done this, and it persists.  And when I click on
a url in an email (I use Evolution), I still get the prompt to choose a
browser.  Any thoughts on why this is happening?

2.  I can't get videos to display correctly in Chromium.  I have
flashplayer installed through Synaptic, but videos still won't display
-- very nutty looking, strange colors, compressed images.  Any thoughts
here, too?

Many thanks from a new user.