[xubuntu-users] Focuswrite?

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:32:42 UTC 2013

On 11/14/13, Gerard <gerry.gazules at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a good word to say for Focuswrite?
> G.

I tried it once but found it rather limited. If you want a simple word
processor you could try Ted rtf editor. But it doesn't import into
LO-writer or Abiword so well. They seem to have sorted out Abiword now
so the new stable release isn't far away. Ver 2.9.2 was a development
version when debian based distros had a missing dependency (as i
understand it). I used gedit and then copied into google docs for
formatting.

For most word processing I preferred Abiword as it was a little more
lightweight than LO-writer.

james