[xubuntu-users] Upgrading from Ubuntu to Xunbuntu

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed May 15 20:16:25 UTC 2013

Most of my machines are running Xubuntu 13.04 but I have one running
Ubuntu 12.10 and I want to upgrade it to Xubuntu.

But a regular install from USB or CD will want to reformat the disk, of
course, and the machine has everything in one partition (/)

Is there a way to do it as an upgrade, so that /home is preserved?

I can of course use the backup to copy /home and other stuff back after
an install, but there's a lot of it, and an upgrade would be faster.

///Peter